Saturday, June 1, 2013

JUNE

June is a big month for us.  Birthday wise, the twins will be 62 on June 20th.  My baby brother will be 54 on June 23rd. It's my best friend's 59th birthday and the twin's mother, who passed away 2 year ago was born on June 12th.

The twin's mother is missed everyday by her family as she was such a big part of our lives. She was one of those woman who could do anything...sew, garden, cook, upholstery, etc.  When I met her she was running a cattle ranch by herself. In her retirement she took up stain glass.  Everyday this month I want to show one of her creations.

I will start with my favorite piece. 


It lives in this corner...


The sculpture on the wall is a fish made out of drift wood.  The mechanic bought it for me at the Ceder Key Art Festival years ago. The glass salamander my son and I bought when we went to Kanapaha Botanical Gardens.

This afternoon my son-in-law sent me these pictures of my grandson...the trend in their neighborhood is to bulldoze a house down and build a new one in its place!



My grandchildren helped to celebrate their aunt Nancy's birthday.  Another June birthday!

I spent a few minutes sitting quietly by myself.



Dinner...the twins had tacos


...and I had a salad and lentils over brown rice as I am not fond of tacos.

Did anyone say dessert?





No comments:

Post a Comment