Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Transmission

The mechanic's techs installed my new transmission today.  Here are a few pictures for you to see in case you are interested on how a transmission looks and is installed.

It arrived in a crate.
This is the cleanest it will ever be.
The old transmission coming out.
You can see the technicians are enjoying their photo shoot.
Getting the new one ready.

New Transmission going in.


Out with the old. $800 core going back.

Hope you have enjoyed seeing my Acura's transmission getting installed, I am enjoying driving her!

The mechanic ordered and received his new shoes today.  Since he is on his feet all day good shoes are very important to him.  He has worn these boots for years, most mechanics do, as does my son and his boss.


FYI - my son was not impressed with the wildflower pictures I posted yesterday.  Since he is on the road all day he promised to send me much better ones. :)

Dinner.

Steak, collard greens with red kidney beans,  mashed potatoes, and a salad.

1 comment:

  1. I understand that rebuilding transmission is time-consuming so the mechanics must have had a very busy day! But you said you're now enjoying driving your car so they must have done a good job. I would also be enjoying driving my car with a new transmission.

    Cayla Maggio @ NowThenTransmission.com

    ReplyDelete