Friday, November 1, 2013

TGIF

Sandhill cranes as seen by my son and his boss.
My view at FAR, yep that's my 1994 Safari van in the picture...can't seem to part with it.  I'm saving it for my 4-year old grandson.

I have to start moving books to get ready for the next phase of our remodeling.  I should donate our 1990 World Book Encyclopedia to the Friends of Library.  But it is so hard to part with them.  They were bought when our children were in elementary school...before we all had computers. And back in the day they were expensive...$1,000, it took me a year to pay for them...and they are still so pretty.  I think I am going to keep them.
Above the encyclopedias are the set of Our Wonder World books. They were given to us by the mechanics' older brother.  This 1930 set was what he had growing up.
While looking for the publication date I found a four leaf clover inside...not sure who put it in there.
...and this cool owl...the bottom caption says Wisdom...he looks scary to me.
 Dinner...
Ham slice, pole beans and a bake potato.


No comments:

Post a Comment