Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I had the day off from work to get ready for the Thanksgiving holidays.  It rained most of the day, good for housecleaning and baking. I didn't want to buy cookies and processed snacks for the grandchildren so I had to find some alternatives.

I made a raw carrot cake with a citrus frosting.  When I found the recipe I thought, so easy, no baking and I had most of the ingredients. Had I read further I would have seen I needed my food processor and my blender (big clean-up) and I needed 1 cup finely grated carrots. That grating took awhile.  Hope to get lots of good feedback on that one. I can't remember where I found that recipe so I can't site it.
The carrot cake bars have a cashew frosting.

I also made Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Bars (you can find the recipe here). Only I made it in a pie plate as I only have one 8x8 pan. So it looks like a pumpkin pie.


The turkey is thawing...

I saw this little snake outside. 

My son met a new friend at work today.  Doesn't that brown cow have a pretty face?




No comments:

Post a Comment