Monday, August 26, 2013

Juicing

I had lunch with my friend Martha today...she mentioned she was on a 10 day juice fast.
I have been in the mood to have a green juice lately so I decided to bring out my Mr. Juicer Jr.
My mother-in-law bought it.  It was hers, she would use it for awhile then pass it on to me.  I would use it awhile then give it back to her. We passed it back and forth over the years.  I had it when she passed away so I guess it is mine now.  Sure do miss her.

I used ideas from several different recipes. I settled on celery, zucchini, cucumbers, kiwi, pear, spinach and parsley.

I, of course loved it, the mechanic said he liked fruit smoothies better.  So I will keep trying to find what variety of vegetables he will like.
 Was it a pain to clean up?  Well, yes but cooking usually is labor intensive, nothing new there.

Today the twin was shiner fishing.
 
Dinner...
Salmon, green beans, red kale with potatoes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment