Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday

It sure was a beautiful day...the sun was out and it was warm. I took pictures of the frost damage done to our yard before spring and plants really start growing. We had so little frost this year that our yard is in  pretty good shape.

 The banana trees always die back since they are in pots.






 As you can see some plants are already blooming...

This plant usually dies back.  It is huge so I'm not sure how big it will get this year.

Years ago the mechanic had to figure out a way to hold this large plant back, as it was lifting up the pool deck.


My amaryllis bulbs are sprouting new growth.


 The Althea had new growth but last week's cold spell did some damage.



I don't think you can kill these...



 We planted a new type of St. Augustine grass last year. We are pleased with it so far.



My Ponytail Palm...


 Elephant Ear...








 
 I still have my grand children's angry bird...it watches me at the kitchen window...


And instead of dinner...the mechanic's breakfast this morning...a treat for him.  He usually has yogurt with blueberries, banana and a couple of tablespoons of Uncle Sam's cereal.


No comments:

Post a Comment