Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday

Today...no rain...plenty of sun...and heat! This morning...
 The Gators won so the mechanic is happy...
FSU won so Connor and John must be happy...

Yesterday I made Arroz con Pollo. I saw this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Vicki Lane Mysteries, she's a Floridian living and writing in North Carolina. She has beautiful photos and blogs daily which I like.  I haven't read any of her books but they are on my "to read list".
So...when I saw this recipe it reminded me of the year I lived in Puerto Rico and was inspired to make it. I was also inspired to comment on her blog which I have never done on any blog before.





At this point you add the rice then bake...my mother and family in PR never baked rice that I could remember. I called my mother and she confirmed, so I cooked it on top of the stove.  My beef eater mechanic loved it.
Today I'm trying a "healthy brownie recipe...Oatmeal, yogurt and powder chocolate...we'll see what the mechanic says!



No comments:

Post a Comment