Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

We celebrated Mother's Day with my mom, baby brother and son.
 My daughter celebrated with my grandchildren and my son-in-law's parents...today the water in their pool was finally warm enough to play in...

...the menu...I knew my French mother would love this...heavy cream, bacon and butter...what could be better. I substituted real bacon for this special day.  I found this recipe in last weeks Parade Magazine.
 

 This pie was a big hit.  Wards didn't have strawberries, but had blueberries galore....I added raspberry for color...definitely a keeper recipe for any fruit in season.

 I got the mousse recipe from my young friend's Sarah's Blog.  She shared her purchase of the" Forest Feast" cookbook. Chris gave me a gift certificate to Amazon for Mother's Day, I think I just might buy this cookbook. The mousse was delicious.


Mom and me...


No comments:

Post a Comment