Sunday, December 2, 2012

Today was for cooking and decorating ...

Lunch was pumpkin soup


with sprouted barley toast and butter


It was delicious


NEXT

the nativity scene came out.  Gary purchased it from Maas Brothers sometime in the 1980's.


Then my Buddha baby had to have her Santa hat.

\
Then my wreath, made many years ago by my sister-in-law, Beth.
 
 
My Rodney and Rhonda reindeer family, bought again in the 1980's when Burger King was selling them with meals.
 
 
My noel sign made by Gary's grandmother.
 

 
My stain glass Christmas tree made by Dedi.
 
 
Scary old Santa, used to have a coke bottle in his hand, but Dedi didn't like it...so she removed it.  Bet it would have been worth some money if it still had the coke.
 
 
Finally my kitchen window, stain glass by Dedi.
 


DINNER

Turnip greens and artichokes

 
They are both so very healthy. Thank goodness Gary loves greens ...  and I love artichokes

 
And Beer Butt Chicken - sounds like a redneck meal, but it is actually very healthy.
 

A little olive oil, salt, pepper, and some seasoning.  You can use any 12oz can, you  don't have to waste a beer.  The liquid keeps the chicken moist.  This is my mechanic's favorite way to eat and cook chicken.

 
Cook for about one hour either on a grill or in the oven. If you use the oven, it gets messy.
 
 
 
So... dinner was delicious and I'm watching the leave fall in my back yard.  I will take pictures of my red maple tree as the leave fall.  My mother loves the fall season and leave color, so I want to show her some.
 
 

 


 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment