Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday

I ordered and received my new kitchen gadget...Instant Pot...A 5-quart electric pressure cooker.
 I have seen these used for making stock.  I make my own stock. This requires hours of cooking...the cooking smell bothers the mechanic...he has a good sense of smell to begin with and the medication for his RA intensifies this sense.

I decided to make a chicken stock to test the pot out.  Leftover chicken bones, chicken feet, onion, leak, celery, carrots and parsley went into the pot. I cooked it at medium pressure for 90 minutes.

 Finished product...
It gelled just like it was supposed to.
I've started freezing my stock in glass jars.
Today I cooked my artichoke. Steamed it in 10 minutes instead of one hour.
The twin sent me this picture of the family heirloom cleaver. Scary looking thing!
My morning view...
I love this...It would look good in Chris' house...His orchid collection is growing!




No comments:

Post a Comment